Sunday, October 12, 2014

My knee surgery


In Brazil, a big part of the people play or like to see soccer games. With me was not different, since I was young I played soccer, I played side my house, in street, even in my school, every place is good to play soccer. Once, when I was playing at my school, I was running and had a guy on my side and when I kicked for the goal and my leg was in the air, he hit my leg, upon my knee. After that, I fell in the ground I almost can’t walked back to my class. My knee swelled, and stay swollen for 2 weeks, after that, my knee was back to normal, and I tried to play soccer again, and of course it was not a good idea, because my knee got out of the place, I swelled again. So, I can not run and I can not play soccer, so I went to the doctor, and he said that everything was fine, I just needed to rest. I did it, I rested for a few weeks and of course, I tried to play soccer again, and again, my knee got out of the place and swelled again, so I went to another doctor I did some tests, to know what was happening. The doctor discovered that I had ruptured the ligament of the knee, and almost two months later, I passed for a surgery, in August 18 of 2008, I remember that date, because it is my birthday. After the surgery, I was in my house and I needed to do physiotherapy, to  have the movement of the leg again. So I did almost 60 physiotherapy sessions and I stayed two months without putting my foot in the ground, but after that I can walk again. After the physiotherapy sessions, I needed to go in the gym, to worked out my leg, because it was weak. So I worked out for 2 months and my leg was back to normal. Almost 7 months after the surgery, I went back to playing soccer again.

No comments:

Post a Comment